Maintaining a safe learning environment for our students and staff is a top priority in the Unified School District of De Pere. In addition to our on-going safety preparedness training and plans, we have a long-term partnership with Green Bay Area Crime Stoppers.
What Is Crime Stoppers?
Established in 1987, the organization’s goal is to engage the community in support of Brown County area law enforcement in apprehending criminals, deterring and reducing criminal activities through education in our schools and interacting with the community, the media and law enforcement. Crime Stoppers is 100 percent funded by Brown County citizens and businesses.
How Does It Work?
Crime Stoppers offers completely anonymous reporting.
Tips leading to arrests may be eligible for up to $1000 in cash rewards.
- Call (920) 432-7867 to reach the Crime Stoppers’ 24-hour tip line. The tip line is available for anyone to report concerns or suspected criminal activity
- Go online https://www.p3tips.com/tipform.aspx?ID=783&C=1C2833
- Download the P3 Tips app here http://www.432stop.com/sitemenu.aspx?P=P3App&ID=783
Tips received by Crime Stoppers are reported to law enforcement for followup.
What Should You Report?
It can sometimes be difficult to know when to be concerned. Take your time to pay attention to your surroundings and to the behaviors of others around you.
- Are you worried someone you know is thinking about hurting themselves or others?
- Know what suspicious or concerning behaviors look like
- You overhear someone bragging about having committed a crime
- You know someone who is driving a stolen car, hiding from the police, or may be dealing drugs
- You see something that just doesn't look right. A strange car. A person with a gun or knife. Someone acting sneaky.
- If you aren't sure what you saw or heard is really a crime, contact Crime Stoppers Let the police decide if it's worth investigation. It may be a piece of a clue to a bigger crime.
Don’t Just Repeat It. Report It.
The best way to keep our schools and community safe is to stop crime before it starts.