School Closure FAQs and End of School Year Updates
- June 10th, 8:00 AM- 3:30 PM - Last names starting A-G
- June 11th, 8:00 AM- 3:30 PM - Last names starting H-P
- June 12th 8:00 AM- 3:30 PM - Last names starting Q-Z
- Math textbooks (please have your child’s and the teacher’s name written on the inside cover). Students will still have access to the online version of the math book.
- Library books
- Spanish novel: Tumba (Spanish 1B Students)
- Books from teacher’s classroom libraries (Please write the teacher’s name on the inside cover)
- Music sheets (band, orchestra, choir)
- Tuesday, May 26: 8:00-10:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 27: 8:00-10:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday, May 28: 8:00-10:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM
- Friday, May 29: 8:00-10:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM
- Monday, June 1: 8:00-10:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 2: 8:00-10:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 3: 8:00-10:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday, June 4: 8:00-10:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM
- Friday, June 5: 8:00-10:00 AM and 2:00-4:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 2 1:00 - 3:00 Suda/Neerdaels
- Wednesday, June 3 8:00 - 11:00 Jerabek/Heling/Kraszewski/Denamur
- Wednesday, June 3 12:00 - 3:00 Lefler/Gutzman/Sternard/Kratzke/Pufall
- Thursday, June 4 8:00 - 11:00 Berken/Alworden/Roush/Eiler
- Thursday, June 4 12:00 - 3:00 Willis/Lukas/Berry/Graebel
- Friday, June 5 8:00 - 11:00 Ruedinger/Doyle/Valentine/Vorpahl
- Friday, June 5 12:00 - 3:00 Lee/Krueger/Rohde/VanRens
- Monday, June 8 from 12:00 - 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 9 from 8:00 - 11:00 AM.
Pick up area will be in the student pick up and drop off lane. Please pull your car up near your teacher's sign/table, tell us your child’s name, and we will get the bag to you. We will set it on the table and then you can exit your vehicle to get the bag/bags. Please don’t park your vehicle in the parking lot and walk to the tables.
- June 3rd 8:00AM-11:00AM - KG
- June 3rd 12:00PM-3:00PM - 1st
- June 4th 8:00AM-11:00PM - 2nd
- June 4th 12:00PM-3:00PM - 3rd and 4th
- June 5th 12:00-3:00 - All families that weren’t able to make the first available times work.
- A-F June 4th 8:00-11:00 AM or 12:00-2:00 PM
- G-N June 5th 8:00-11:00 AM or 12:00-2:00 PM
- O-Z June 8th 8:00-11:00 AM or 12:00-2:00 PM
Vehicles should follow the normal traffic pattern in the parking lot, pulling curbside in the loading zone. You may provide your name to the staff member. Student belongings left at school will be brought to the tables alongside the curb for your pick-up. Please bag items that you are returning and place them on the same tables. Please practice social distancing.
Tables will be set up in the entryway with taped “x” on the ground. Enter at Door 1 to drop off bags and pick-up any left belongings. Exit Door 2. Please practice social distancing.
Due to our large number of families and road construction around Dickinson, we need to stagger pickup times and are using Sign-up Genius to help us with this. When you pick up, you will be able to pick-up the belongings for all children in your household that attend school at Dickinson. Please use the last name of the youngest student in your home to determine your pickup time frame below.
A - F Thursday, June 4th 8:00 - 11:00- Sign up here
- Wait your turn while checking in with the attendant at the corner of S. Ontario St. and S. Washington St.
- When directed, drive on S. Washington St. and pull up to the next available table
- We ask that parents arrive by vehicle so we don’t have walkers congregating
- Please make a sign for your right side windshield window with your child(ren’s) last name in BIG, bold, dark lettering, and the number of Dickinson school children in your family
- If you have any school-owned items, please have those ready to go, already in your trunk in a bag labeled “Dickinson,” teacher last name and your child’s name (Last, First). For example, “ Dickinson - Bruening - Doe, Jane.” Please use a bag that will not need to be returned and have it neatly organized.
- When you arrive:If you can remotely open your trunk, please do so and remain in your vehicle. A Dickinson staff member will grab the bag/s of items being returned. We will then put in the bag/s of items to be returned to you and close your trunk.
- If you can’t remotely open your trunk, please have only the driver of the vehicle get out of the vehicle, open the trunk and get back into the vehicle. Once the driver is back in the vehicle, the staff member will exchange the materials.
- Once our staff member steps away back onto the sidewalk, proceed with caution and exit onto Chicago St.There will be no human-to-human contact.
- Reminder: Chromebooks and iPads that have been loaned out via the school district DO NOT need to be returned at this time in order for students to be able to access all learning and end-of-year celebrations through the last day of school. A separate pickup plan for devices has been communicated by the district for June 10th - 12th.
- Please remain patient throughout this process and we will do our best to keep the car line moving smoothly.
- Officer Missy VandeWettering will be directing traffic.
- Please do your best to arrive at your designated time to keep the flow moving and avoid backups onto S. Ontario St.
- If, upon returning home, you find someone else’s belongings mixed in with your child’s, please let us know at the email addresses below. We will do our best to find a solution.
- If you are unable to pick up your child/ren’s belongings, we will save them in the bag/s at Dickinson. We will contact you to schedule an alternate time once the district has approved all schools to reopen and operate with regular hours.
- If you have any other needs or issues related to scheduling pick-up, please email one or both of the email addresses below prior to these dates.
- If you must get out of your vehicle, masks and gloves are recommended and encouraged.
- Please come at your assigned day/time so we have your materials ready. If you come outside of your appointment, your materials won’t be ready.
If you have any questions or concerns with this process, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Yearbook - Remember to send a photo of your student(s) with a written note, poster or drawing of one of their favorite memories of this school year to email@example.com
- School spirit video - coming soon! A video that we will send to all Dickinson students to keep our school spirit alive and well!
- Recognition for 4th graders - we have a special surprise for our 4th graders who are transitioning to Foxview next year.
- Mission Dunk Mr. Herlache - Students can work together to virtually dunk Mr. Herlache on the last day of school! Students can send a video of themselves grabbing any ball they have at home from their left and pass it to their right. All video clips are due Monday, June 1st to firstname.lastname@example.org We will send this video out on the June 9 (last day of school) around noon to celebrate the end of the year.
- Class Meet-ing - All classroom teachers will hold a Google Meet session with their whole class on June 9 for an end-of-year activity. Watch for details on class-by-class schedules.
Posts from March 18 and prior updates
Updates to District's Plan for Addressing Coronavirus and the Statewide School Closure
Free Lunch and Snack Distribution for Unified School District of De Pere StudentsThe District is distributing a free lunch and next day breakfast bag to all children age 18 years and under via drive through pickup as a result of our school closing update. On Friday, non-perishable food items for weekend use will be available for pickup during the regularly schedule
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de De Pere distribuirá un almuerzo gratis y una bolsa de meriendas a todos los niños menores de 18 años a través de un servicio de recogida.
11:45 am - 12:30 pm de lunes a viernes a partir del martes 17 de marzo
- Escuela Primaria Dickinson, 435 S. Washington St., De Pere. La entrega en la acera estará disponible frente a la entrada principal de la escuela.
- Optimist Park, 801 Cook St., De Pere. El servicio de traslado estará disponible en el estacionamiento.
Si no puede acceder a ninguno de estos lugares y necesita asistencia para obtener alimentos para sus hijos, comuníquese con nuestro trabajador social del distrito Melanie Brick at (920) 639-3632. Via Mitel
Updates Prior to Wednesday, March 18
SCHOOL IS CANCELLED FOR STUDENTS TOMORROW, TUESDAY, MARCH 17. Staff will report as planned. Building principals will be in contact regarding pickup of your students' personal belongings. Additional details will be provided as they become available.
(Posted Mon. March 16, 12:30 pm)
Chromebook Ordering Now Available
If you are a Unified School District of De Pere family that does not have access to a computer or laptop at home, you can check out a District-owned Chromebook for online education, and make arrangements for internet access during school closure. Please complete this form now so we understand how many devices may be required for checkout.
You will also need to complete this user agreement either prior to or at pickup.
For those without home internet access you may be eligible for 60 days free through Charter/Spectrum Communications. Call 1-844-488-8395 for information.
Letter to Unified School District of De Pere Families
● Tuesday, March 17: School will be open as scheduled. There will be no visitors or volunteers allowed in the building.
● Friday, March 20: School will be closed and no instruction will be provided.
Según lo prometido, deseamos comunicar la manera en que el Distrito Escolar planea cumplir con la orden del Gobernador de cerrar las escuelas empezando con miércoles, el 18 de marzo y abrirlas tentativamente lunes, el 6 de abril.
- Lunes, 16 de marzo: La escuela estará abierta según lo programado. No habrá visitantes o voluntarios permitidos en el edificio.
- Martes, 17 de marzo: La escuela estará abierta según lo programado. No habrá visitantes o voluntarios permitidos en el edificio.
- Miércoles 18 de marzo: La escuela estará cerrada y no se proporcionará instrucción.
- Jueves 19 de marzo: La escuela estará cerrada y no se proporcionará instrucción.
- Viernes 20 de marzo: La escuela estará cerrada y no se proporcionará instrucción.
- Lunes 23 de marzo: La escuela estará cerrada físicamente. Se proporcionará instrucción por Internet hasta que finalice el cierre estatal.
Desde el miércoles 18 de marzo hasta el viernes 20 de marzo, el personal se prepará para proporcionar a los estudiantes una experiencia de aprendizaje por Internet. Los días de instrucción coincidirán con el calendario escolar 2019-2020. Las vacaciones de primavera se llevarán a cabo del viernes 10 de abril a domingo 19 de abril, independientemente de si los estudiantes asisten físicamente a la escuela.
Cuando sus hijos salen de la escuela martes el 17 de marzo, pídales que traigan a casa cualquier material de instrucción y artículos personales que puedan necesitar mientras las escuelas estén físicamente cerradas.
Si su estudiante no está en la escuela el lunes o martes, estamos pidiendo a los padres que esperen hasta que se inicie nuestra experiencia de aprendizaje por Internet para recuperar la tarea perdida de esos días.
Los padres pueden recoger las medicinas de los estudiantes en la oficina de salud durante el horario escolar regular del lunes 16 de marzo al viernes 20 de marzo.
Si bien el Gobernador declaró que las escuelas reabrirán tentativamente el lunes 6 de abril, las circunstancias federales, estatales, y locales pueden requerir que nuestras escuelas permanezcan físicamente cerradas por más tiempo. Los días de instrucción por internet continuarán hasta que las escuelas se vuelvan a abrir físicamente.
El lunes, se les proporcionará más información a usted y a los estudiantes con respecto a sacar Chromebooks, propiedad del Distrito y acceder a wifi para estudiantes y familias que no poseen un dispositivo personal o no tienen una conexión a internet en la casa. Esto permitirá a los estudiantes tener acceso a la experiencia de aprendizaje por Internet del distrito.
Entendemos que este cierre presenta muchos desafíos para nuestras familias y estudiantes. Tenga en cuento que estamos trabajando duro para mantener a los estudiantes seguros, enfocados, y listos para aprender durante su tiempo fuera de nuestros edificios. Gracias por sus esfuerzos mientras trabaja para cuidarse a si mismo y a sus seres queridos.
Letter to Unified School District of De Pere Families With Special Education Students
- Special education staff will reach out to discuss how your child’s learning will be supported, how IEP services may be affected and/or provided virtually, and to set up a communication plan with you during the closure.
- After the extended digital learning, we will review how the closure impacted the delivery of special education and related services for your student at your request.
- If you have concerns after being contacted by your child’s school special education staff, we will be available to assist you with any concerns or questions at that time. This is new for all of us and we desire to work with you to problem-solve together.
email@example.com or 920-983-9174 ext. 4112 or 920-613-6530
firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-983-9174 ext. 4116 or 920-362-2360
Jane Mathes- Program Support Teacher
Previous Updates and Information
Additional information and updates regarding our schools will be posted to this page as it becomes available. As a district, we will continue to closely monitor the situation and communicate as quickly and effectively as we can.
In addition to this page, we will notify families with students in the District of updates via Messenger. Please check your Parent Portal to be sure your contact information is up to date.
We appreciate your patience as we communicate information on this rapidly evolving situation.
Closings and Cancellations (updated Fri. Mar. 13)
UPDATE 4:00 pm
All after school events are cancelled effective Monday, March 16 through Sunday, April 19.
Extra-curricular and athletic practices will continue as scheduled.
Athletic competitions will be evaluated and communicated on a day-to-day basis.
UPDATE: 3:35 pm
No School Friday, March 20
As we continue to address the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our District's students and families is of utmost importance. We hope everyone is taking appropriate precautions to remain safe.
In preparation for a possible transition to on-line learning resulting from potential school closures, all Unified School District of De Pere schools will be CLOSED to students next Friday, March 20. Teachers will use this time to prepare for delivering on-line learning, should that become necessary.
At this time, our plan is for schools to be open and classes to resume on Monday, March 23. However, as the District is preparing for various scenarios, we strongly encourage families to take time this weekend to plan for what short-term (5 or fewer days) and long-term (6 or more days) school closings could mean for your family.
We will update the Coronavirus/COVID-19 page on our website, update our social media channels and reach out to you through Messenger as this situation evolves.
Mr. De Pere Competition, Friday, March 20, is cancelled
Dickinson Elementary School "Mardi Gras", scheduled for Saturday, Mar. 14 is cancelled until further notice.
Adolescent Mental Health Training (NASRO / AMHT SRO) scheduled for March 16-17 at De Pere High School has been postponed until further notice.
The Wisconsin State Invitational 6th Grade Boys Basketball State Tournament scheduled for April 4-5 to be held at De Pere High School and other high schools in the area has been cancelled. Contact WSICT representative, Terri Green, email@example.com for any other updates or information.
The WIAA has canceled the remainder of its Winter state tournament series events. See WIAA news release here.
The Wisconsin State Music Association has canceled the following events: all remaining WSMA District Solo & Ensemble Festivals scheduled on or after Monday, March 16; all WSMA State Solo & Ensemble Festivals (due to unavailability of many UW System sites); Student Composition Project event (April 4); all WSMA Concert Festivals through April 18. More information will be released on Monday, March 16, regarding WSMA Middle Level State Honors auditions. Updates will be available at: https://wsmamusic.org/covid-19-news/
Thurs. Mar. 12, 2020 (via Messenger to District families)
We have had several inquiries about scheduled after school events. At this time, the District is not canceling any after school events or activities. However, the situation is changing hour by hour. We may need to take steps including limiting the number of attendees, or canceling altogether. Any of these changes will be communicated to you via Messenger and posting on our website. Thank you for your patience as we work through this challenging time.
Tues. Mar. 10, 2020
Dear Unified School District of De Pere Families: The situation internationally, within the United States and within Wisconsin regarding coronavirus /COVID-19 is evolving rapidly. To date, there have been no confirmed cases in Brown County or surrounding counties.This could change quickly however, so we are committed to keeping you informed of the proactive actions we are taking. We will continue to provide regular updates on our website www.deperek12.org, and via school newsletters. A copy of this update has been sent via Messenger to each family in the District.
- Our health staff is in regular contact with local and state health departments for updates and guidance.
- No activities or field trips, the majority of which are local, have been cancelled for any of our schools at this time. However if this changes, we will provide an update to you.
- Similar to influenza, we will follow procedures we have in place to address significant staff or student absences, including the possibility of school closures, should the situation change.
- Everyday healthy hygiene is still the most effective way to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Students, family members and staff should stay home when sick (fever greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
Please watch our website, and check the websites listed below, for regular updates as this situation is changing from day-to-day.If you have specific questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (920)337-1032.