CHOOSING TO RECEIVE EMERGENCY TEXT MESSAGES
- Login to Infinite Campus Parent Portal (District website > Parents > Parent Portal) or https://depere.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/depere.jsp
- Select Contact Preferences
- Please check the Text(SMS) box if you would like to receive emergency text messages from school. If Text (SMS) option is enabled, message and data rates may apply. Charges are dependent on your service plan which may include fees from your carrier to send and receive these text (SMS) messages. To opt out, uncheck the text (SMS) box anytime.
- You must click Save in order for preference changes to be updated!
TO ADD OR UPDATE A PHONE NUMBER:
- In IC Portal, select either Household Information or Family Members > Update
- Enter the new phone number. Note in Comments you would like to receive Text Messages. Send Update.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT REQUESTED CHANGES WILL NOT APPEAR IMMEDIATELY. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN APPROVAL NOTICE AT THE TIME THE UPDATE(S) HAVE BEEN MADE TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
- From your cell phone, text START to 91201.
- You will receive a text back. Reply YES to confirm.
Emergency school closing information will also be announced on the following television and radio stations:
The District and Lamers Bus Company (the District's Transportation Contractor) cooperatively have developed a procedure to be employed when it is necessary to consider closing schools because of inclement weather. Factors taken into consideration will include: the present state of weather, predicted weather conditions, temperature, wind, visibility and condition of the roads.
The District, with the assistance of Lamers Bus Company, will gather information on the aforementioned factors before collaboratively making a decision to close school. Radio and television stations will then be notified of our emergency closings and a text message will be sent out.
If, during a school day it is determined that it is necessary to dismiss early because of inclement weather, the news media will be notified to share this information with parents. If early dismissal does occur, there are several additional factors which must be considered. In the majority of families, both parents work outside of the home. Parents are asked to have alternate plans for their children's supervision and care in the event school is closed due to inclement weather. This is especially important for young children. Please do not call the schools, bus lines, television stations, or radio stations and tie up their phone lines. Sign up for text message notification or stay tuned to the above television and radio stations for school closing information.
Parents have the option of keeping their children at home if they believe that the weather conditions merit such action. If parents choose to keep their children home due to inclement weather conditions, the absence will be recorded as "excused."