- Travel in Groups (safety in numbers)
- Use a well-travelled, common route with pedestrians and vehicle traffic in the area.
- Avoid distractions (earbuds in both ears) focused on phone/electronic device
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Separate from the threat (run away etc) and run towards others or to a well lit open business/area if after dark
- Draw attention, yell for help etc.
- Find a location/area where you are safe
- Call 911 immediately
- Be a good witness (subject/vehicles description, plate number etc.
The offender is attempting to identify an easy target to avoid detection/apprehension. Following these tips will decrease your chances of becoming a victim.