The De Pere School Board has adopted a School Medication Policy.This policy is intended to protect your child’s safety and complies with State Law 334. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the School Nurse at (920) 983-9174 ext. 4114. The required forms are available by clicking the links below or can be obtained from the health office of your child's school. A parent/guardian must pick up any remaining medications within five days from the last day of school. Any medications not picked up within this five-day period will be destroyed.
New forms are required at the beginning of each school year.
Before school personnel can dispense any medication to your child you must comply with the following:
For Prescription Medication
- Complete the entire “Medication - Parent / Guardian / Physician's Authorization of Medication for a Student while in School” Form (Versión en español en la página 2)
- Your child’s doctor MUST sign the form
- All medications must be brought to school in the original pharmacy container.
For Non-Prescription Medication
- Complete the Parent/Guardian portion of the “Medication - Parent / Guardian / Physician's Authorization of Medication for a Student while in School” Form (Versión en español en la página 2)
- Bring the medication to school in the original container labeled with:
- Child's name and date of birth
- Dosage directions for when it should be dispensed
- All medications must be brought to school by parent or guardian