Operational and Facilities Referendum Proposals
What Are the Issues?
At this time, the district is facing three key challenges:
- Finances: We are projecting a budget deficit that averages nearly $5 million annually over the next five years. Without additional funding, we will not be able to maintain current programs and services.
- Building Capacity: We serve 25 percent more students than we did 18 years ago. Currently,
- Foxview Intermediate School is over capacity
- De Pere Middle School at capacity
- De Pere High School is within approximately 50 students of full capacity
- Based on projections, we anticipate future enrollment growth due to on-going residential development in the Town of Ledgeview, the City of De Pere and other areas. Completion of the South Bridge Connector will drive additional development along the new highway route.
- Aging Building Systems: The district operates six buildings. The oldest, Foxview Intermediate, has portions which date to the 1930s. The newest, Altmayer Elementary, is 17 years old. Each of the buildings has systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, roofing and pavement) that are beyond repair and need to be replaced, or significantly upgraded.
What Is Being Proposed?
Two referendums have been presented to the Board of Education for their consideration. Get the details by clicking the boxes below.
Community, Family and Staff Survey
The Board of Education has solicited community feedback on the proposed referendums including which referendum(s) to place on the ballot, when they will appear on the ballot and potential modifications to the questions. School Perceptions, Inc. an educational research firm, distributed a community wide survey in late October to all district residents, families and staff. The survey closed on Nov. 15. Results will be shared with the Board of Education at their December 4, 2023, meeting. The data will assist them in making decisions about how to proceed with the proposed referendums.
- Administrative Team Strategic Planning Update to Board of Education 4-17-2023
- Administrative Team Strategic Planning Update Report 4-17-2023
- Video of Administrative Team Strategic Planning Update to Board of Education 4-17-2023
- District-Wide Facilities Condition & Education Adequacy Assessment - Somerville Associates
- Enrollment Projections Report- UW Applied Population Lab
- Equity Walk Report CESA 6 Center4All
- School Perceptions Community Survey 2022-23